Dan’s Hymn Collections
- Little Seeds, Hope Publishing Co., 2020
- My Child Is a Flower, Hope Publishing Co., 2017
- Garden of Joy: 35 New Hymns by Dan Damon, Hope Publishing Co., 2011
- A Treasury of Faith: Lectionary Hymns, New Testament, Series A, Tunes by Dan Damon for Texts by Gracia Grindal, Wayne Leopold Editions, Inc., 2011
- Fields of Mercy: 33 New Hymns by Dan Damon, Hope Publishing Co., 2007
- To the Thirsty World: New Hymns for a New Day, Abingdon Press, 2002
- The Sound of Welcome: 25 New Hymns by Dan Damon, Hope Publishing Co., 1998
- Faith Will Sing: 24 New Hymns by Dan Damon, Hope Publishing Co., 1993
- A Place of Meeting: Fifteen New Hymns by Daniel Charles Damon, self-published, 1991
- A Place of Prayer: The Hymns of Daniel Charles Damon, self-published, 1989
Dan’s hymn collections are available from Hope Publishing Company.
- Community of Christ Sings, Herald Publishing House, 2013.
- Glory to God: The Presbyterian Hymnal, Westminster John Knox Press, 2013.
- Singing the Faith, Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd., London, England, 2011.
- Hymns of Universal Praise, Chinese Christian Literature Council Ltd., Hong Kong, 2006.
- Worship and Rejoice, Hope Publishing, 2001. Five tunes, five texts.
- Hymns of Heritage and Hope, Advent Christian General Conference, 2001. Three tunes, three texts.
- Common Praise: Anglican Church of Canada, General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada, 1998. One tune.
- The Book of Praise, Presbyterian Church in Canada, 1998. One text.
- Hymnal 21, The Board of Publications, United Church of Christ in Japan, 1997. One tune.
- Ritual Song, GIA Publications, 1996. One tune.
- Voices United: The Hymn and Worship Book of The United Church of Canada, The United Church Publishing House, 1996. Four tunes, four texts.
- Worship Together, The Board of Faith and Life, General Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches, 1995. Six tunes, one text.
- The New Century Hymnal, Pilgrim Press, 1995. Four tunes, four texts.
- The Chalice Hymnal, Chalice Press, 1995. Five tunes, three texts.
- Life into Life, Shirley Erena Murray, Hope Publishing Co., 2019
- Onward! Brian Wren, Hope Publishing Co., 2016
- The Poetry of Grace, Ruth Duck, ed. Dan Damon, Hope Publishing Co., 2015
- Brian Wren, Christ Our Hope, Hope Publishing Co., 2004. Seven tunes.
- By Request: Songs for the Community of Christ, Community of Christ Copyright Corporation, 2004. One tune, one text.
- Sing the Faith, Geneva Press, 2003. Four tunes, two texts.
- United in Faith and Song (Hymns and Songs in Vietnamese and English), OCP Publications, 2001. Three translations.
- The Faith We Sing, Abingdon Press, 2000. Four tunes, two texts, seven arrangements.
- New Songs of Rejoicing, Selah Publishing, 2000. Four tunes.
- Spirit Anew! Singing Prayer and Praise, Wood Lake Books, 1999. Nine tunes, nine texts.
- Ruth Duck, Circles of Care, Pilgrim Press, 1998. One tune.
- Brian Wren, Visions and Revisions, Hope Publishing Co., 1998. Two tunes.
- Shirley Erena Murray, Every Day in Your Spirit, Hope Publishing Co., 1996. One tune.
- Supplement 96, Hope Publishing Co., 1996. Seven tunes, five texts, one arrangement.
- Brian Wren, Faith Renewed, Hope Publishing Co., 1995. Four tunes.
- Brian Wren, New Beginnings, Hope Publishing Co., 1993. Two tunes.
- Ruth Duck, Dancing in the Universe, GIA Publications, 1992. One tune, one arrangement.
- “like a child,” text and music by Dan Damon, arranged by David Cherwein, Hope Publishing, 1999
- “Here Am I,” text by Brian Wren, music by Dan Damon, arranged by David Haas, GIA, 1997
- “Many and Great, O God,” setting by Dan Damon, GIA, 1995
- “The Spirit Filled the Tomb with Breath,” text by Dan Damon, setting by Austin Lovelace, AMSI, 1995
Listen to “Like a Child” by Dan Damon
Covered by Other Artists
- “Carry the Flame,” “When Love Is Found,” “Good News!,” “Joyful Now We Join Our Voices,” and “Three Things I Promise” on Brian Wren: Selections from “Christ Our Hope,” Praise Partners Publishing, 2004
- “like a child,” on Jane Ripley: Come to My Heart…touching the Spirit, Jane Ripley, 2003.
- “Here Am I,” on Tom Andino and Lisa Piteo Gresko: We Are Yours Today, Snowman Music, 2000.
- “Here Am I,” “Come in From the Cold, My Friend,” and “If I Take the Wings of the Morning,” on Curran Reichert: Oh My Wings: Songs of a Spiritual Nature, Vivoudou Productions, 2000
- “Underneath the Present Suffering” on Trinity Choir and Friends: Songs of Hope and Healing, Trinity Choir and Friends, Trinity Lutheran Church, Oakland, CA, 2000
- “Here Am I,” on David Haas: Throughout All Time, GIA Publications, 1997
- “Here Am I,” on Brian Wren: Finding Faith Today, Hope Publishing Company, 1995
- “When Hearts Are Sore,” on Dan Paul: World Without Walls, Break-Even Records, 1994
Articles by Dan Damon
- “Creating a Jazz Hymn Festival.” Dan C. Damon and Eileen M. Johnson, The Hymn Vol. 67, no. 1 (Winter 2016): 8–16.
- Dan Damon and Eileen M. Johnson, “Jazz and congregational song, USA.” The Canterbury Dictionary of Hymnology. Canterbury Press, http://www.hymnology.co.uk/j/jazz-and-congregational-song,-usa.
- Eileen M. Johnson and Dan Damon, Social Gospel hymnody, USA.” The Canterbury Dictionary of Hymnology. Canterbury Press, http://www.hymnology.co.uk/s/social-gospel-hymnody,-usa.
- “A Cry for Justice in Hymnody.” Dan C. Damon with Eileen M. Johnson, The Hymn Vol. 61, no. 4 (Autumn 2010): 8–16.
- Dan Damon, “Hymn Performance: From German chorale to jazz waltz” The Hymn Vol. 61 (Spring 2010): 42–45.
- Dan Damon, “Hymn Performance Column, Hearing WONDROUS LOVE again for the first time” The Hymn Vol. 61 (Autumn 2010): 57–60.
- Dan Damon, “Hymn Performance: A small piano in a big room” The Hymn Vol. 61 (Winter 2010): 48–52.
- “Growing Up with the Angel Choir,” LicenSing Update 7 (July to September 2000): 4–5.
- “Jesus, You Are the New Day,” Church Music Workshop 10 (January–April 2000): 48.
- “Reviews of Hymn-Based Recordings,” The Hymn 49 (January 1998): 49.
- “Reviews of Hymn-Based Recordings,” The Hymn 48 (January 1997): 62.
- “Meet the Author: A Profile of Daniel Charles Damon,” New Song: Brian Wren Newsletter 5 (January 1992).
- Podcast interview with Nancy Hall for Community of Christ, September 24, 2019, interviewer, Carla K Long (Click to go to podcast)
- “Sing Justice!” a workshop for the Southern Ontario Chapter of The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada, forthcoming February 27, 2016.
- “A Cry for Justice in Hymnody.” an evening featuring the hymns of Dan Damon, Berkeley Chinese Community Church, Berkeley, CA, November 6, 2016. Sponsored by American Baptist Seminary of the West and the Center for the Arts and Religion.
- “Down by the Riverside: Jazz and Congregational Song.” Dan Damon Quintet, hymn festival presented at 93rd Annual Conference of the Hymn Society in the United States and Canada, New Orleans, LA, July 13, 2015.
- “A Cry for Justice in Hymnody.” Dan C. Damon with Eileen M. Johnson, A plenary address presented at 88th Annual Conference of the Hymn Society in the United States and Canada, Birmingham, AL, July 2010.
- “Way Out West: California Writers of Congregational Song.” Hymn festival presented at 86th Annual Conference of the Hymn Society in the United States and Canada, Berkeley, CA, July 13–17, 2008.